Maternity session tips to make most of your photography session, tips include preparation clothing, and accessories to make more beautiful photos.
Maternity photography Tips for your photo shoot
Pick the right time. Schedule your session when when your body has the best belly and breast shape.
Normally this is in your seventh or eighth month of maternity.
Include your family Your maternity session could include the father and older children.
If you bring more children, have for someone to take care of them up after their shoots.
This way the remainder of your session will go without disturbance.
Send us some samples of photos you like, this way you can show me your style, how intimate you want your photos and ideas you would like to have.
Plan ahead, leave some extra time for the day of shoot, have relaxed and comfortable day for your shoot.
Plan your hair and makeup, and avoid appointments immediately after the session
Care of your belly and body. If you wish to shoot your bare belly, breast or body, wear loose-fitting.
Remove clothing and accessories that marks on your body like pants with elastic waist, socks, underwear elastic, bras, watches and bracelets. At least two hours before your session.
Include a few baby things and personal items
Bring anything you would like to include in portraits (baby booties, a rubber duck or stuffed animals that received in the baby shower or you bought yourself). You can also bring a tiny dress, shoes, a single flower, or a copy of an ultrasound image.
Hair, skin and makeup
Skin should look natural or casual. It is fine to place some emphasis on your eyes, lips and cheeks.
Bringing some gloss to the session will allow refresh your lips
Be careful to not to get too sunburned.
Use hair spray or other products to hold your hair especially for the beach because is normally windy.
Avoid brightness of skin, especially the face, you can bring some dust to reduce it Puerto Vallarta is hot and you may swept.
Clothing tips for your maternity session
Bring any clothing you like have on your photos
- Solid colored clothes help focus on your belie shape and your expressions.
- As a general rule it’s best to avoid bold patterns and colors.
- A Maxi dress highlights that beautiful baby bump and covers up the areas that feel like a “problem”.
- Textured accessories always are good idea short jacket or blazer, add a floral scarf, and add a chunky necklace and bracelets or a headband.
- Dark clothing gives you a slim silhouette.
- Form-fitting clothes with a little stretch will compliment your figure rather than loose clothing.
- Wearing either long or short sleeves tends to make more pleasing pictures.
Avoid shirts that are sleeveless.
- Wear cloth that won’t leave binding marks across your skin.
- Bring silk and cotton fabrics drape beautifully around a pregnant body.
Clothing ideas for your maternity shoot
A few ideas of clothings
- Maxi dress
- Maternity clothes
- stretchy clothing
- Tight fit pants and tops.
- Also fabrics that adhere to the body’s curves
- Small shorts
- Your couples t-shirt
- Negligee, high heels
- Running shoes
- Working shoes
- Your favorite boots
- Fluid fabrics to wraps
- Baby doll
- Long dress
- A sweater